I mastered my everyday look over the years. I’ve learned to embrace the natural face! I still love going full glam on the weekends, but not putting on a full face of makeup means more time. That means more sleep. More time also means more time to make myself a quick breakfast. Especially important for growing baby! Here is how I’ve managed to speed up my get ready routine.
- Your holy grail (HG) products are your best friend. Know which products work best for you. The products that you know match your skin tone and last all day. Avoid testing out new products. The last thing you will want is a bad reaction or an orange face from oxidized foundation!
- Put your most use products in one area of your vanity. Designate your everyday products in one place that is easily accessible. Your everyday brushes and products in arms reach prevents you from shuffling and searching for your favorite eyeliner.
- Products with wands and pumps make it easy. It makes for easier application and you won’t have to reach for multiple brushes. Foundations especially with a pump make it easy for me to apply with clean fingers and blend with a stippling brush. Products with wands make it easy to apply directly to skin.
- Less is more. Skip the eyeshadow. There are certain steps I can skip in the morning. I don’t always have to have eyeliner or eyeshadow. Ladies, you do not always have to contour your face or “bake” everyday. Do what accentuates your natural face and conceal any trouble spots.
- Easy to apply lipsticks. I love the chubby stick lipsticks and the traditional tube lipsticks for everyday. They are easy to control and you often don’t need lipliner. Liquid lipsticks are my all time favorite, but they usually are not the easiest to apply when you are in a hurry.
- LASH EXTENSIONS. Yes, I am obsessed with lash extensions! And completely justify maintaining them because it saves me so much time getting ready. I don’t need to apply mascara to my top lashes or eyeliner.
- Take care of your skin. Last but not least, take care of your skin. The more you take care of your skin, the less you have to cover up!
I cut my time down to 10 minutes for makeup in the morning. I still feel put together AND well-rested. Leave your comments on how you speed up your beauty routine!